× Questions before you signup? If you have any pre-sales questions regarding EXP Team products then please feel free to post in this section.

Importing from Open-Realty

• Timeforsmilin
  • Timeforsmilin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #11291 by Timeforsmilin
Timeforsmilin created the topic: Importing from Open-Realty
Hello,

I built and maintain a website for a friend using Open-Realty, and have adapted it for automobiles. Is there a way to import those listings into EXP?

Does the version without the template still have the thumbnail banners for commercial, new etc?

I will want to install EXP first to a sub-domain so that I can style and have everything working properly, with all inventory loaded before uploading that to the live site. Is that a problem with your licensing agreement?

Thanks,
Louis
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #11300 by Grusha
Grusha replied the topic: Re: Importing from Open-Realty
Hi Louis.

Sorry I don`t use Open-Realty and I don`t know this extensions.
If this extensions have CSV or XML Export/Import them more easy import to EXP Autos Pro.
But still you have to use the scheme CSV or XML from EXP Autos Pro component.
EXP Autos Pro component have Export/Import CSV and XML files.
Sorry for my English.
  • Timeforsmilin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #11303 by Timeforsmilin
Timeforsmilin replied the topic: Re: Importing from Open-Realty
Hi Grusha,

When you say scheme, you are referring to the fields in EXP and mapping the exported fields correctly to the EXP fields? I did find an export tool for open-realty, but I haven't tested it yet. He might have to re-create all of his listings. :blink:

What about the coloured banners that show on all of the demo sites; I think they are only available on a module. Are those standard features of EXP Auto Pro? One says Commercial.

There is no problem to install to a sub-domain first?

Are you having any issues from using sh404SEF on a site with EXP?

Do you make proper use of itemID, so that other components can be displayed or not, while displaying content from EXP?

Thanks!
Louis
More
12 years 3 months ago #11305 by Grusha
Hi Louis.

1)

When you say scheme, you are referring to the fields in EXP and mapping the exported fields correctly to the EXP fields? I did find an export tool for open-realty, but I haven't tested it yet. He might have to re-create all of his listings

Yes, you have to convert your files in accordance with the fields EXP Autos Pro component.

2)

What about the coloured banners that show on all of the demo sites; I think they are only available on a module. Are those standard features of EXP Auto Pro? One says Commercial.

This standard features of EXP Auto Pro - 99 Euro.

3)

There is no problem to install to a sub-domain first?

Yes, possible.
But when you upload your site in your live hosting then remove your testing site.

4)

Are you having any issues from using sh404SEF on a site with EXP?

I don`t tested with sh404SEF , but I know members use sh404SEF with EXP Autos Pro for version 1.7/2.5

5)

Do you make proper use of itemID, so that other components can be displayed or not, while displaying content from EXP?

EXP Autos Pro component have ItemId , this standard Joomla function.
Sorry for my English.
  • Timeforsmilin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #11308 by Timeforsmilin
Timeforsmilin replied the topic: Re: Importing from Open-Realty

EXP Autos Pro component have ItemId , this standard Joomla function.

I have one component on his site, and one on one of my sites that don't conform to Joomla standards and have caused me a lot of grief, so I have to ask.

automotionmotors.com/
demo.automotionmotors.com/

Aside from a new template that I gave him, I test new features he would like on the demo site. Being a friend, and not paying for things, he doesn't hesitate to ask for new features, so I keep that site active for testing those new features. It's obvious that it's neither current, nor promoted as anything other than a demo site, but I need that to make sure everything will play nicely together! If that's okay, I will tell him to subscribe.

Thanks for the quick responses!
Louis
More
12 years 3 months ago #11316 by Grusha
If you want use in demo.automotionmotors.com/ and automotionmotors.com/ for 1 license, then after payment send me letter with your license and site when you use demo site and when right site,then no problem.
Sorry for my English.